International Women’s Day
I’m proud that the Virginia Council of CEOs and the Robins School of Business at the University of Richmond team up annually to recognize women in business. This year’s event is on March 9. It is free and intended for women and men who are leaders in business. I invite you to participate. Sign up here.
Recognizing and supporting women business leaders is important for several reasons:
- Promoting Gender Equality: Supporting women in business helps to bridge the gender gap and promote equality in the workplace.
- Diversifying Perspectives: Women bring unique perspectives and experiences to leadership positions, leading to a more diverse and innovative work environment.
- Driving Economic Growth: Research has shown that companies with gender-diverse leadership teams tend to outperform their peers, leading to stronger economic growth.
- Encouraging Women’s Empowerment: By recognizing and supporting women in business, we encourage more women to pursue leadership roles and empower them to succeed in male-dominated industries.
- Setting a Positive Example: By shining a light on successful women business leaders, we can inspire future generations of women to pursue their dreams and achieve their goals.
At the March 9 event, we will hear from RIR president Lori Waran, and I will lead a panel discussion on the topic of “Embracing Equity.” We know that lifting up women and growing more leaders makes us all more successful. Join us!
Virginia Council of CEOs
Posted by Scot McRoberts at 8:21 am