From charter to thriving non-profit with 200 members, the Virginia Council of CEOs is an organization based on a solid mission and strong leadership. Here are important milestones within the history of VACEOs.
Chuck McCabe forms the Richmond Chapter of the Council of Growing Companies, the predecessor to VACEOs.
VACEOs forms as a Virginia non-profit corporation; Chuck McCabe becomes founding chairman and Scot McRoberts executive director (January 1).
First corporate sponsors come on board (BB&T, Christian & Barton).
Nearly 50 new members join VACEOs in one year, led by then membership chairman David Barrett.
- First annual CEO retreat held at Kingsmill Resort.
- First Home Run Bat presented to former governor Doug Wilder, then new mayor of Richmond.
- VACEOs membership reaches 100.
VACEOs and Robins School of Business release first CEO economic outlook survey.
VACEOs moves to Bayberry Court office, co-locating with The Fahrenheit Group (sponsor).
After several years of part-time, Connie Bruce hired as full time manager.
- VACEOs moves to new office in the Handcraft Building in Scott’s Addition in Richmond. (January).
- Membership reaches 200 CEOs and a record number of sponsors come on board (January).
- VACEOs and Virginia Chamber of Commerce announce a formal alliance to expand state-wide (January).
- Another full-time employee comes on board to support member and event services.
- VACEOs honors founding chairman Chuck McCabe’s legacy with establishment of the Chuck E. McCabe Leadership Award. McCabe appropriately named as the first recipient of the award during the 2017 VACEOs Annual Retreat.
- VACEOs expands its mission and forms roundtables and forums in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- VACEOs Square Table concept is launched, allowing Members and Sponsors for the first time the opportunity to participate in an ad-hoc experience sharing event.
- Just 17 months after the organization announced plans to serve the Charlottesville market, a third roundtable is formed.
- David R. Barrett, President and CEO of Barrett Capital Management, LLC, awarded the Charles E. McCabe Leadership Award.
- Arlene Lee, President of R.E. Lee Companies, named third recipient of Charles E. McCabe Leadership Award.
- Scot McRoberts, Virginia Council of CEOs Executive Director, receives CEO Award of Excellence from the Virginia Society of Association Executives (VSAE).
- Virginia Council of CEOs celebrates 20 years of connecting Virginia CEOs for learning and growth.
- First virtual peer roundtable event for VACEOs Members is held.
- The Council begins expansion efforts into Roanoke/New River Valley markets.